Form light, and directional line shading were my goals here. The directional lines created an effect I’m not sure I like – like wood or muscle fiber. This page in my notebook took all five of my pre-work morning hours. Monday I did the thumbnails, and Tuesday the outline, which required, and I think benefitted from, much “leaning back” and other tips I got from my first homework critique. I spent Wednesday – Friday rendering it. I feel good about this effort, but it seems “thick.” It is fascinating to me that the more you look, the more you see, until your brain just shorts out on you. I can sense difference, but I can no longer identify it, as I could with the grosser errors and a full day between each hour of work. Hopefully, I got it posted in time today for Monday’s critique.